Sunday, November 17, 2013

The school week

Here has just passed by my another week of living and studying in the USA. More knowledge, more experience, other 5 school days. What was new for me?

Probably, the most important memories are connected with the Veterans' Day, which took place on Monday, 11.11.13, this year. The Honor Ceremony will stay in my memories forever, as an integral part of my American experience. I could see the real pride for their country in the eyes of American people. Their unlimited feeling of the great patriotism makes me happy, because this is what makes the United States definitely United! People who feel proud about being the way they are, and even sing about it: "I am proud to be American!.." - those people who are with their Motherland with all their minds and hearts can be called the real citizens of their country!

Among some other important thoughts of the week was the one about voting. Why should every able single person vote in the elections or whatever? One of our teachers said that, at least, You should vote in the memory of Your ancestors who died in the wars, fighting for Your rights, for Your freedoms and for Your ability to decide the future of Your country, and this way, Your own future.


This passing week was, as always while my staying in the USA, full of the jokes, fun, and sarcasm. And it makes me feeling happy about this school year. I am extremely grateful to my Book of Life for such colorful and unforgettable pages, which are connected with my American being. Whatever happens - is leading to the better. And I am pretty sure that it is really so. This is what our lives are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment